Partnering to SERVE STELLENBOSCH
Serve Stellenbosch is a bridge between Christ followers and our partner organisations with the aim of equiping and mobilising them to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the poor and marginalised in Stellenbosch.
Calling Academy is a non-profit high school that provides outstanding education with a Christian ethos, at a fee affordable to learners from low-income communities. Their vision is to inspire, equip and grow leaders, future fathers and teachers through innovative low-fee schools.
Khula Development Group aims to promote a positive culture of learning, and strengthen the value of education and attendance for children at risk of school disengagement. This is achieved through school, home and community based preventative and restorative initiatives.
In-school support update
- Before the kids were able to go back to school, the staff of Khula were very busy and active with weekly home visits. Basic education packs were given to the 100 in- school support children to encourage academic engagement throughout the lock down period. Primary caregiver equipping through education about COVID and activities to encourage interaction between them and the children have also been rolled out since level 4 of lock down.
- On Friday’s, Khula is facilitating academic sessions in Cloetesville (weather dependent) – 11h00-13h00
In-school support needs
- Basic stationery for the kids to make use of on Friday’s.
- Volunteers (number of children to be facilitated is determined by how many volunteers are able to be there).
- Clean recyclable materials for crafts:
- Toilet rolls
- Bottle with lids
- Bread bags
- Tins/ cans
- Donations to cover printing costs.
Kin Culture is a non-profit organisation with the mission to build and support a community of loving, generous families to provide homes for vulnerable children. Kin recruits, supports, and trains foster families and creates foster care awareness.
You can donate to Kin Culture while shopping by adding them as a beneficiary on your Woolies or MySchool card and every time you swipe, they will receive a donation from Woolworths – at no cost to you.
- To sign up for a MySchool card
- To update Kin as a beneficiary to your existing card
- To link your card
Donate a #1000cups4kin.
- Kin are inviting you to donate your R25 that you would have spent on your morning ‘fix’ towards Kin Culture.
- Our goal is to get people to collectively drink 1000 cups and raise R25000.
- Your donation will also enter you into a draw for a coffee hamper to be won.
- Follow these steps:
- Donate your R25 here: https://loom.ly/xGxOK1c
- Share on social media alongside the link to donate and the hashtag #1000cups4kin (optional step).
- Stand a chance of winning a coffee hamper.
- Nappies and formula
- Educational material or programmes
- A doctor or relevant medical professional
- A psychologist or psychiatrist
- A social worker
- A speech or play therapist
- An educator
- A carer or babysitter with the relevant police clearance (If you do not have the relevant certification, we can point you in the right direction)
- Or if you have any other skills, please talk to Kin
training4changeS is a non-profit organisation with the mission to to utilise sport as a catalyst for holistic community transformation. t4c creates safe spaces to educate and equip the next generation of changemakers.
More information coming soon about how you can give to training4changeS
There are many creative ways to volunteer with training4changeS on and off the field, depending on your personal skills and passions. Already, people have used their skills for:
- monitoring and evaluation
- web design
- and so much more
If you are interested to volunteer as a education facilitator for t4c’s primary school tutoring sessions please contact email@example.com
We value the hearts at Serve Stellenbosch and One Hope. Prayer support has been awesome. Every time we have put out a call for volunteers, the challenge was taken up by the congregation. Helping to fix up our hub, helping at Family Feasts and support to attend the World Without Ophans Conference in order to become part of a global movement. Making yourselves available as a pick up point for blueberries. We love One Hope.
Agnes Barnard, Kin Culture
A massive thank you from Calling Academy for the incredible work you have done. Your willingness to assist where needed, open hearts to continuously give - time or resources - and the humility in which you serve has touched us deeply. Being served by you has been a reminder of God’s unmerited and underserved grace towards us! Thank you for always looking for ways to lighten our burden and your non-stop-effortless serving. You have enriched our lives by the way you have served us. We appreciate you, we are extremely grateful for you and it has been a joy being served by you.
Nerine Louwrens, Calling Academy
We are truly grateful for everything Serve Stellenbosch has done for Youth Outreach and we are excited to continue working together in the future. Together we are making a great impact in the lives of so many vulnerable children in Stellenbosch. Thank you so much. May God continue to bless you more abundantly.
Etienne Lehani, Youth Outreach